BENTLEY’S DECORATING (“THE COMPANY”) TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
In these terms and conditions “the Customer” shall mean the person, firm, Company or authority whose order has been accepted by the Company and “the Works” shall mean to be carried out pursuant to an order accepted by “the Company” (Bentley’s Decorating).
1. The Company will generally use Dulux or equivalent paint. If any other make of paint is to be used the client will pay the extra amount to cover the difference between the Dulux paint quoted in the written quote to the paint that is required.
2. On receiving the quotation/contract from the Company and agreed the fee the Company is of the understanding that the Customer has read and understood fully the Company’s Terms and Conditions.
3. Unless otherwise stated all prices are exclusive of Valued Added Tax (VAT).
4. Unless otherwise agreed in writing payment is due in full on completion. Should payment not be received on or after the 14th day of completion the Company will charge interest at a rate of 4% per annum above the then current base rate of Barclays Bank plc on all over due amounts.
5. The Company’s quotations/contract doses not include parking unless stated at the time of the quotation being issued.
6. All prices are based on the cost to then Company of goods and materials, labour, transport and other costs ruling at the date when such prices were quoted. In the event of any such costs to the Company being increased directly or indirectly prior to the completion of the works, the Company reserves the right to charge all such increases as an addition to the quotation price.
7. The Company reserves the right to request interim payments on accounts to the value of work and/or materials employed or delivered.
8. Any commencement or completion dates are given by the Company at any time are given in good faith but time is not of the essence of the quotation/contract and the Company the Company shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expenses suffered by the Customer or any other party arising directly or indirectly from the Company’s failure to comply with such dates.
9. If any completion date is delayed for any reason beyond the Company’s control (including weather, hired equipment, accidents, loss, damage of any kind, strikes, lockouts, cessation of labour affecting any trade engaged upon the works or the inability of the Company to secure labour and/or materials) a fair and reasonable extension of the time for completing the works shall be granted to the Company and the Customer will remain liable to pay for the value completed part.
10. Where applicable the Customer is responsible for the accuracy of any drawings, designs and/or specifications submitted to the Company by or on behalf of the Company and the Company will indemnify the Company and keep it indemnified against any cost, claims, liabilities or damage caused by any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in such drawings, designs and/or specifications.
11. Materials and equipment delivered/stored to the Customer’s site for use will remain the Company’s property until applied or fixed to the Customer’s premises according to the quotation/contract, or in the case of materials and equipment that remain unfixed until the Company has received payment in full. Until such fixing or payment the Customer is responsible for the security, protection and safe keeping of such materials and equipment howsoever arising.
Bentleys Decorating Limited COPYRIGHT © 2021.